SISKA VIDEOSHOOT6. August 2018
Dear drummers but above all – dear parents,
I am often asked if and to what extent students who have lessons on an acoustic drum set have to wear hearing protection.
Basically I recommend all my students, at least when practicing at home, to wear hearing protection.
The following models have proven themselves over the years:
Edz Kidz Kids Ear Protection Capsule Ear Protection
- Extremely light hearing protection for children and adolescents only 190 grams.
- The Edz Kidz are Ce Certified and tested and approved according to EN352-1.
- The Edz Kidz can be optimally adjusted to any head size, they even fit adults with a smaller head circumference.
- The temple, as well as the capsules are very softly padded so even a longer wearing is no problem.
- The Edz is foldable and can therefore be stowed away in the smallest of spaces.
Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Earplugs – Silver
for adolescents from 16
- 2-fold lamella system made of medical thermoplastic material
- Perfect fit and highest wearing comfort
- 3 interchangeable, music-optimized filters, gold filter: 16.0 dB (at 500 Hz)
- Silver Filter: 15.7 dB (at 500 Hz), White Filter: 14.3 dB (at 500 Hz)
- Almost invisible in the ear, adjustable in length and diameter, easy to clean
Buy from your local music store.
Elacine – custom hearing protection
Recommendation for advanced and professionals!
A good hearing protection consists of a custom earplug and a filter. Elacin is one of the leading and most innovative developers of noise filters for custom hearing protection. In order to benefit from optimal Elacin hearing protection in every situation, the company has developed its own range of filters. These consist of three filter types and are all with different degrees of attenuation.
Ask your local hearing care professional.